Events • Join Us • Be a Speaker! • Promote Your Business • ATD
Student Intern Position Description: Assistant Director of Programs and Events
The Assistant Director of programs and events will assist the Director of Programs and other Chapter Leaders with the chapter’s programming function, including responsibility for topic/speaker selection, site selection, and overall meeting management and reporting.
Term: One year
Estimated Time Requirements per month:
· Attending board meetings: 1 hours plus travel time
· Attending programs committee meetings: 1-2 hours plus travel time
· Attending monthly chapter programs: 2 hours plus travel time
· Communicating with newsletter editor, individuals responsible for website, administrative office and committee members about routine issues: 2-3hours
· Ensures a relevant program/event is held on a regular basis (at least one each quarter)
· Solicits program topics from membership and evaluates relevance and interest to members
· Administers program events within budget
· Attracts and secures speakers who address the concerns and interests of the membership
· Coordinates locations for meetings
· Collects and reports on participant feedback of programs, and uses feedback to plan future events
· Provides meeting details, including speaker’s biography for chapter website and/or newsletter.
· Recruits and trains incoming vice president of programs and events and makes recommendation to him/her regarding future speakers, topics, etc.
· Recruits and trains volunteers to support program functions.
· Attends board meetings, chapter programs, and regular committee meetings.
· Represents the chapter professionally and ethically
· Participates in board meetings and chapter meetings
· Full-time and part-time student
· Possesses marketing and public relation skills
· Skilled in written and verbal communication, personal interaction and problem-solving
· Ability to plan, organize and execute activities as required by the position
· Ability to complete projects within established timeframes
· Ability to delegate tasks and monitor follow-through
· Ability to attract and lead committee members
· Time available to fully participate in chapter events
Home • About Us • Membership • Job Postings • Contact Us
ATD Maryland • PO Box 2524 • Ellicott City, MD 21041
email@example.com ChIP code: CH2030