Student Intern-Chapter Leader Position Description: Assistant Director of Technology
The Assistant Director of Technology is a student intern position of the Chapter who is responsible to partner with the Director of Technology and other Chapter Leaders to identify, implement and maintain website content and features and other technologies that will support board goals and improve member services.
Term: One year
Estimated Time Requirements per month:
· Attending board meetings: 1 hour
· Attending membership committee meetings: 1-2 hours plus travel time
· Attending monthly chapter meetings: 2 hours plus travel time
· Communicating with administrative office about routine issues: 2-4 hours
· Support board and chapter functions by providing web pages, publishing interface, surveys, discussions, webinars, online-forms, e-commerce and other features as appropriate
· Maintain Home page and update as needed
· Provide help in accessing and navigating website
· Act as point of contact and liaison with website host
· Design annual budget for Technology function; audit income/expenses monthly to ensure chapter's sound financial status.
· Research, develop and facilitate the sourcing of new ideas and concepts for using technological innovation to deliver enhanced services to members.
· Attend all monthly board meetings and the annual leadership conference
· May be asked to write articles for newsletter
· Partners with other committees (marketing, programs) to highlight the value to becoming a member
· Attends and participates in all monthly board meetings and chapter programs
· Tracks new, renewed, and expired memberships and reports to
board on a regular basis