Events • Join Us • Be a Speaker! • Promote Your Business • ATD
Position: Learning Experience Designer
Reports to: Program Manager
Who we are:
TEKsystems® Inc. is a leading provider of strategic IT staffing and Global Services for 82% of the Fortune 500. Ranked #1 in the industry by IT Services Business Report for 11 consecutive years, we are the nation’s largest IT staffing firm. We leverage our core competencies to offer a wide array of IT services. As a division of our parent company, Allegis Group, TEKsystems® has over 100 offices throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. A three billion dollar company, our best-in-class staffing and project delivery processes, coupled with the core values that guide our company culture, fuel our success.
Our Professional Development team offers targeted customized learning strategies focused on keeping employee skills sharp, productivity high, and exceeding the needs of our customers. We design innovations that meet the needs of the modern learner and incorporate the best of current and emerging design thinking, including beyond the classroom innovations, bite sized learning, and on-demand learning.
• Partner with the Program Manager to ensure training programs support business drivers, objectives, and motivators that are aligned to the mission, values, and goals of our organization.
• Serve as a credible and trusted advisor to leadership and peers on effective and leading-edge learning and development strategies to achieve business goals.
• Determine key development needs to achieve desired business outcomes.
• Deep understanding of learning journeys and curriculum design.
• Collaborate with leadership, subject matter experts, peers, and the eLearning & video team to create innovative and immersive learning solutions focused on addressing the performance need and enabling success.
• Create solutions that satisfy the needs of a diverse set of learners (e.g., webinars, interactive modules, videos, online courses, reference guides).
• Partner with remote teams to build out learning experiences.
• Design micro learning strategies to drive engagement and close immediate knowledge gaps (e.g., video, animation, virtual instructor-led, social learning, gaming, infographics, on the job training).
• Develop instructionally sound materials with performance support solutions for a variety of topics and applications.
• Accountable for managing all aspects of assigned projects. Regularly communicate with the Program Manager and stakeholders to: define and review deliverables, provide updates on project status, manage changes in scope, and escalate challenges.
Team Player, Consultative, Creative Thinker, Learner Centric, Collaborative, Innovative, Detail Oriented, Problem Solver, Researcher, Proactive, Flexible, Work Ethic, Commitment & Passion for Learning and Instructional Design
• 3 + years instructional design experience.
• BA Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, Adult Education or related discipline.
• Established track record for using a consultative approach to design & deliver innovate learning solutions with measurable business results that meet stakeholder needs.
• Experience designing training programs from the ground up.
• Desire to think beyond traditional classroom training experience and innovate in this space.
• Credible resource for adult learning theories, leading edge instructional design methods (e.g., micro learning strategies), & measurement of training effectiveness.
• Ability to create self-directed learning experiences that deliver knowledge in short, focused, on-demand content segments (e.g., video, animation, social learning, gaming, on the job training).
Home • About Us • Membership • Job Postings • Contact Us
ATD Maryland • PO Box 2524 • Ellicott City, MD 21041
email@example.com ChIP code: CH2030