UMBC ISD Training Systems Graduate Program and ASTD Maryland are proud to sponsor a full-day workshop featuring Dr. Thiagi. This session has limited seating (70) and is expected to sell out quickly! Registration is NOT available at the door - we will only accept online registrations through this website. Credit cards are the only accepted form of payment.
Be sure to review the important details at the end of the description.
Here’s an activity-based workshop designed and delivered by Thiagi. Appropriately enough, it is a workshop on designing and delivering activities-based workshops.
Part 1. Designing Interactive Strategies
The best way to improve your training is to encourage participants to interact with each other, with the content, and with you. In this workshop, Thiagi reveals five secrets of effective interactive training that is faster, cheaper, and better. Begin by rapidly exploring 60 different training strategies. Later, master additional details of selected strategies:
- Structured sharing that helps practitioners exchange their expertise with each other
- Interactive lectures that enable you to retain control of the session while participants interact with each other
- Textra games that transform your dull, dry handouts and bring them to life
- Simulation games that use inexpensive materials and methods to reflect the realities of the workplace
- Jolts that last for a few minutes and provide powerful insights and concepts
With Thiagi's framegame approach, you will learn how to load your content on to existing templates to create your own games in a matter of minutes. You will also learn how to avoid irrelevant fluff and fun and immerse your participants in engaging activities.
Part 2. Delivering Training Games and Activities
Are you excited about training games and activities but anxious about losing control, wasting time, and being attacked by participants? Based on 20 years of field experience and research, Thiagi shares with you three important secrets of effective training facilitation:
- Identify seven critical dimensions of activities-based training (including pace, intensity, competition, and playfulness). Learn how to select, maintain, and balance appropriate intensities of these dimensions.
- Recognize participants from hell and their disruptive behavior patterns. Learn strategies for discouraging such patterns and specific tactics for handling each pattern.
- Identify the importance of the debriefing process for linking the training game or activity to the workplace reality. Learn a powerful six-phase model for maximizing learning from experience.less.
Session Information: Speaker Bio and Location information can be found at the ISD Now website: http://ennect.com/e1981/p15004.aspx
Registration fee: Registration fee include cost of textbook, handouts, continental breakfast and box lunch.
Cancellation Policy: You will be able to cancel your registration until October 1, 2012. ASTD Maryland will refund all but a $7.00 transaction processing fee. After October 1, no refunds will be issued. NOTE: Credit cards are the only accepted form of payment.
Recording: This event will be recorded. By registering, you consent to being taped and having your picture taken and used on UMBC and ASTD Maryland websites/video portals.