Even though personality assessments are commonly used in companies around the world, it regularly fails to produce a lasting impact. And while people are endlessly fascinated by their results, awareness does not often translate into sustained behavioral change.
This presentation will reveal how to utilize styles to get results. Based on more than 25 years of experience with personality assessments, Take Flight Learning shares a reimagined approach to this age-old model.
In this highly interactive and engaging session, attendees will discover how DISC training can be reinvented to make it more engaging and sticky. By reframing the styles to shift from meaningless letters to visual symbols, you will learn how to place the styles into long-term memory rather than having them be just a fleeting fascination. This session will demonstrate that style is not about graphs and reports, but rather about application. You will learn how to use this model to adapt to the people around you to build stronger relationships and get results.
By combining a team building approach with personality styles and used with more than 50,000 people over the past 25 years, the result of this presentation is a revolutionary new way to approach teaching people about the personality styles.
In this session, you will:
- Learn why this is the perfect time to introduce or reintroduce personality training in your organization
- Gain insight about how to turn classroom-based personality training into a fun and engaging experience
- Discover why most personality styles training is designed for short-term memory, not long-term retention and application
- Find out how to turn personality styles training into a process not an event by reinforcing the learning throughout the year
Attendees will learn how to reimagine personality styles training by:
- Refocusing training from awareness to results
- Repackaging the styles to shift from empty letters to metaphoric symbols
- Revitalizing training to involve the participants
- Reallocating time from profiles and graphs to skills and application
- Rebranding the message to shift from learning about letters to learning skills and applying principles
Overall, participants will learn what to look for when offering or designing personality training to be delivered in their organization. This will allow the power of the styles to be infused into their organizational culture.
This session is designed for anyone who has a personality or knows someone who does!
Presenter: Kerry Bayles, Take Flight Learning, Vice President of Learning and Development
For over 25 years, Kerry has been facilitating personality styles training programs. She is Master Certified in Taking Flight with DISC and holds a Master’s Degree in Education. As an educator, she has taught high school and college psychology classes for 11 years. She’s been leading team building, leadership development and DISC personality styles training sessions as well as delivering keynote speeches across the United States, Canada, and Mexico since 2010. Kerry has been involved in the design of several Take Flight Learning training programs, including ReDISCovering Conflict, Chameleon Leadership and Innovating IDEAS.
Kerry has worked with hundreds of corporate clients, including Pepsi, TD Bank, Temple University, the FDA, Estee Lauder, GE, Johnson & Johnson, The World Bank, The Philadelphia Eagles etc.
Kerry has played a key role in the many awards Take Flight Learning has been honored with, such as the Fastest Growing Companies, Best Places to Work and NJ Business of the Year.
The program you are about to experience is based on Taking Flight with DISC, which was named The Best Personality Training Program in the US by CV Magazine.